Training With MENDONCA AMA
We are a traditional martial arts school for the modern age. Offering exceptional training in Karate-Do, Kobudo, Iaido and our own sports conditioning class, K-Fit.
If you are looking for exceptional training, fun and engaging classes, with programs for the entire family, then Mendonca AMA is the place for you. Sign up for a free class or come by the dojo anytime to check us out.
Mendonca AMA has competed in the 2014 -2019 NKF National Karate Championships and US Open: taking over 200 athletes over those years and returning with an impressive 200 medals: 100 Gold, 53 Silver, 47 Bronze! Come and join our team of amazing athletes and see what Mendonca AMA is all about.
TIME TO TRAIN
Real Work. Real Results.
k-FIT & LIFT
Looking for a fast paced, high energy, and high intensity workout? Then give K-Fit a try. Our K-Fit classes are a great way to condition your body like an athlete. With the use of high intensity interval training (HIIT), functional movement, and preconception you will get an amazing workout. So give it a try today and see what you have been missing from your work out.
Always wanted to learn how to lift? Then our program is for you. Learn how lifting can change the way you perceive the world with new strength and power gained from lifting. Convenient early am classes with excellent coaching. We will take you from novice to confident with proper understanding of how to push, pull, and squat. Come train with us and level up your fitness reality.
Sensei Tony Mendonca was raised in Oregon and has been practicing martial arts for over three decades. His training began at the ripe age of 6 and continues to this day. He is a direct student of Soke Del Saito and currently holds the rank of 6th Dan in Saito-Ha Shito-Ryu. In the arena of sport Karate, Tony has been a state, national, and international sport Karate champion. His unique and balanced experience allows Sensei Mendonca to expertly instruct students of all levels and abilities.
SAQ + S&c
SAQ (Speed, Agility, and Quickness) and S&C (Strength and Conditioning) classes are fantastic for our youth athletes. Teaching proper mechanics from the ground up our courses will build the foundation for your athletic success.
Fun, fast paced, and technical…. We believe that being a lifelong mover begins with a love and understand of how your body works. Ous SAQ and S&C classes with give your youth the keys to unlock their body’s potential. Once you unlock the door to fundamentals of movement you cannot help but feel like an athlete.
The heart of our program is our leadership. This dedicated team of professionals is here to help you achieve the the ultimate goals of karate do.
Chief instructor for Mendonca AMA, director for TKFI USA, National and International karate champion in kata, kumite , and kobudo. He is also also a NSPA certified speed and agility coach, strenght and conditioning coach, progran design coach, and sports nutrition coach. Mendonca sensei lives and breathes karate. For over 30 years, he has been crafting his skill in the art and sport of karate do.
Senpai B Mendonca
Nationals champion and Mendonca AMA Coach. She is also the team Medical Dr and serves as an indispensable asset to our team.
Serving as both a Instructor and Coach, Senpai Newhouse is a several time National medalist. She is a dedicated member and example of what makes Mendonca AMA unique.
Serving as both a Instructor and Coach, Senpai Roberts is a several time National champion. She encompasses the Budo spirit and particularly enjoys the grappling aspects of traditional martial arts.
Senpai von eggers
Serving as an Athlete, Coach and Official, Senpai Seth is a 2 time national kumite USA Karate team member and National medalist. He is a strong motivator and inspires our younger students in the dojo to face challenges, work hard, and achieve their best.
Serving as an Athlete, Coach and Official, Senpai Joel is a National champion in Kata and Kumite. He brings a fresh perspective to classes and energizes all those who attend. His humor is one of his greatest assets.
Serving as an Athlete, Coach and our newest instructor, Senpai Martin is a motivated and skilled member of our team. As an Athlete, Nathaniel has compeeted at the highest levels for Jr competitors nationally and internationally. His excitement and passion for karate are evident in every class he attends.
We have a plan or package for all your needs.
One member 2 X PER WEEK
- 2 x per week training in anything that we provide at Mendonca Academy. Want to add more? 3 x per week is only $20 more per month. Or jump to the unlimited plans for $120.00.
One member 3 X PER WEEK
- 3 x per week training in anything that we provide at Mendonca Academy. Want to add more? jump to the unlimited plans for $120.00.
UNLIMITED TRAINING for 1
- Our unlimited plan offers a fantastic value for your money. Looking to get the whole family involved at Mendonca Academy? Check out our family pricing
two member 2 X PER WEEK
- 2 x per week training in anything that we provide at Mendonca Academy for 2 members. Want to add more? 3 x per week is only $20 more per month. Or jump to the unlimited plans for $120.00.
3 member 2-3 X PER WEEK
- 2-3 x per week training in anything that we provide at Mendonca Academy for your family.
UNLIMITED TRAINING for 4
- Our unlimited plan offers a fantastic value for your money. Looking to get the whole family involved at Mendonca Academy? This is the plan for you!
Elite fitness baselines
- Find out how you stand as an athlete. Max heart rate, body composition, vertical jump, reaction time, sprint speed, upper and lover body power. Get the baseline you need to take it to the next level of training.
Semiprivate strength and conditioning
- Our small semi private option get you great coaching at a great price.
- We have many private session options. Private sessions are a great way to get the detail you need with one of our many exceptional coaches.
*Please contact us if you have any questions about pricing.
What You Get
Check out all that Mendonca AMA has to offer
Copyright © 2020 Mendonca Academy of Martial Arts. All rights reserved.